Granny Squares Tapestry Cross Stitch Kit
A lover of all crafts and particularly crochet, the humble Granny Square received a makeover from Jacqui in 2010 with her Cross Stitch Squares. This was the first of the patterns in her Granny Squares collection. A Supersize one was featured in her book Supersize Stitches and other squares are added all the time - enabling the stitcher to mix and match the designs.
40cm square finished tapestry size
Each Tapestry Wool Craft Kit Contains:
- A Printed Canvas Bag to keep your stitching in
- Colour Coded Chart
- Stitching Instruction Sheet including diagrams
- Cotton Canvas - 7hpi (holes per inch)
- 4 Ply Tapestry Appleton Pure English Wools (Use 1 thread to stitch with)
- Two quality John James Tapestry needles - one to use and one to keep!
- Needle threader
- Fabrics, sundries or frame to finish your piece as you prefer. We do offer a make up service for an extra fee, just ask the team.
We use quality Zweigart canvas. We think that this is the best quality canvas you can buy. The HPI are the number of holes per inch on a straight line within the canvas. Our 7hpi tapestry base has the largest holes and is the easiest to stitch but the 10hpi is still great for beginners, and 14 hpi is perfect for detail work.
We give you plenty of Appleton brothers 4 Ply Tapestry. Enough to stitch with the recommended stitch technique. Our wool is 100% British Virgin Wool - and it is the same wool as used by William Morris in his heritage designs, which is bought directly from source and hand twisted into hanks in our Sussex Studio.
Instructions & Chart Full instructions are also provided including detailed stitch charts and stitching diagrams, teaching you the basics of cross stitch techniques.
*PLEASE NOTE: The kit is a COUNTED CROSS STITCH chart and is not printed on the canvas - so each coloured square corresponds to the same colour cross stitch on the canvas. This provides for a more accurate finished stitched piece.
Copyright Jacqui Pearce - all rights reserved.